Custom Cabinets MN | Custom Kitchen Island
The addition of big kitchen islands in designer kitchen remodels has been becoming more and more requested in the past several years, and that isn’t about to change in 2013. In fact, you’d be hard pressed to find a decent sized kitchen without one. The demands placed upon kitchen space make the addition of an island an important, almost necessary element, thanks to the flexibility in what the island can be and contain.
Custom Kitchen Islands & Custom Kitchen Island Design
A custom kitchen island offers a wide range of choices in a variety of styles. Strong kitchen island design ideas can dramatically improve the feel and function of your kitchen. In addition to adding to the aesthetics and feel of your kitchen, a custom kitchen islands can help set up a solid workspace in your kitchen by isolating the cook from others who may be in the room and organizing the workflow of the room.
Good kitchen island design ideas include:
- Custom kitchen islands can be made in a wide variety of shapes including L, U and G shapes. Be sure that your custom built kitchen islands match the overall shape of your kitchen.
- For large kitchen islands, be sure that your kitchen island design includes enough clearance along all of the sides.
- Custom kitchen islands can be built at several different height levels depending on how you intend the island to be used. For example, contemporary kitchen islands with breakfast bars will be of a different height than country kitchen islands. Make sure to select a height for your custom kitchen island that suits your needs and style.
- Kitchen island cabinets are another important aspect of kitchen island design. Various styles including modern, Tuscan, contemporary, colonial and traditional kitchen island cabinets are available. Be sure that your styles of kitchen island cabinets match the overall design of the rest of your kitchen.
- A wide range of items can be built into custom kitchen islands including dishwashers, sinks, stoves, trash compressors and more. Be sure to consider these kitchen island accessories when you plan your custom kitchen islands.
Your Kitchen Island, Custom Made
You can have your dream kitchen with all the bells and whistles; your design, your color, your finish, your every detail.
What can it contain? More storage is virtually a given, but ponder on a few of these possibilities: informal dining (a la raised eating bar), a cooktop, a second sink, bake center, food prep area, additional countertop space… you get the idea. And let’s not forget under the counter: dishwasher, refrigerator drawers, microwave, oven, warming drawers, wine chillers, ice cube makers–and, of course, cabinets! Being custom made, the overall shape is not restricted to rectangular. We can design your island to fit your space!
If you are interested in custom built kitchen islands or kitchen island design ideas for your A home, consider hiring an experienced and professional cabinetmaker to assist you during this very important stage – they will have insights into how to best use your space, tips for creating a beautiful and more functional area, and kitchen cabinet ideas for stretching your budget as far as it will go.